Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What is it with outside company phone call charges.

Phone call charges using an outside company .89 a minute plus a connection fee of 11.65 per call plus tax and all these other fees they charge for the total of 87.37 for 2 phone calls! These calls were placed from a hospital room phone. How can this be? I remember back in 1988 & 1990 when I delivered both my older sons and there were no cell phone options for us back then so to spread the news we used the in room phone & I remember that the insurance covered their medical part but we were stuck with the phone charge & I believe it was a $5 per call fee. Luckily most of us now have cell phones, however they are not allowed to be used inside so one has to go outside the facility to use it but it is better than getting raked for these charges. And why can’t it be posted on the phone before use!

No comments: